Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

I am always amazed at how much I learn from my kids. This morning I made a comment to my kids that I hope uncle Brandon is alright and with out a beat Kendall says remember Mom I already told you and Uncle Brandon that he will be okay because I fasted.

To back up a couple of weeks ago we had a special fast for my brother. In the midst of it all when we got to church I realized that we had not feed Kendall (I know mother of the year) by the time we get home it was 2:30 and she did not want to eat she wanted to keep fasting. With much convincing we got her to eat and when she finished she said that now she was going to keep fasting.

A couple days latter she talked to Uncle Brandon and told him how she knew he was going to be okay because she helped fast and that she loved him and not to worry. That brings us to today the faith of a child is amazing. She prays for Uncle Brandon every time she gets the chance and she then reminds her brother and sisters not to forget to include Uncle Brandon in their prayers.

I am glad we have these kids to remind us of these simple truths, and to be such great examples.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm proud of your family for making that committment. Fasting is hard. We did is this past week for another special purpose and I was dying towards the end. How neat that Kendall is learning the importance of the principle at such an early age. I also hope your brother is doing well. I'm sorry he is having troubles!

Jen Crook said...

You are an AWESOME mom and your kids have learned all their knowledge for you guys as parents. Take a minute and just be proud. I too am very glad I have my little ones to remind me what is really important.