Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Green Thumb

A friend of mine two years ago gave my this Christmas cactus (zygo cactus is the official name) She had one and every time I went to her house I was amazed that it was blooming. I have only ever known two people who could get them to bloom year round my Mom and my Grandma.
 After having it a year and it only bloomed once I was not shocked. I moved it to every place in my house I could imagine trying to get this thing to bloom. After a lot of trial and error I have figured it out. And it has already bloomed three time this year. I know it is crazy to be so excited about this accomplishment but I am thrilled I do pretty good with plants and enjoy gardening but to know I can finally get this temperamental plant to bloom more than once a year is amazing. Plus the plant is nothing special to look at with out these amazing flower's.

3 comments:

Colle said...

Good Job!!! When I was little I thought those were the coolest plants. Congrats on the green thumb.

La said...

Very cool. I can't ever make my plants last as long as Grandma. Seriously, she had plants that were decades old. It's amazing. I think you are their rightful heir. You remind me so much of your Mom and Grandma. Congrats.

Tyra said...

Great job! I pretty much kill everything. I loved going to Grandma's house and always seeing pretty flowers blooming year round.