I have never claimed to be a great quilter, but I can quilt and was taught by one of the best. Last November when picking up my girls from dance I was talking to a friend and showed her that my fingers were raw from all my quilting. Before long I was walking out of there finishing a quilt for someone. I really don't think you could pay me to do this again for someone but the positives that came out of this project were overwhelming.
First a quilt that had been started by several different people was finished and in time for someone's wedding.
Second I learned I could actually finish a large quilt I had serious doubts about myself.
Third who knew the therapy value of sitting around quilting with friends.
And the Fourth and most important thing was SERVICE. Not the service of me doing the quilt but the service that was rendered to me to help finish this never ending quilt.
So many women showed up to help me and kept coming back. and I owe all of them hours of thanks. And a special thanks to two unbelievable friends and one incredible sister who came over and over to help, brought me treats, showed up at late hours knowing I would be quilting You girls Rock! I love you and am glad you have my back I can not think of any better friends.
It took over 120 hours and I am not sure you can tell but we quilted around all the white squares and triangles and all the red is quilted.
Anyone up to quilt something for us and way cuter?
4 comments:
That did seem like a never ending quilt! You really do have awesome friends and ward members who were so willing to help.
Congrats!!! I love it. And I am so proud of you.
Awesome!! My fingers hurt while reading your post :) You should be very proud of yourself for volunteering to do it.
You are wonder woman! It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment