Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Project almost complete

My play room has been at 80% complete for three years and I have been on a mission to complete something around here. With Chuck being out of town so much lately I have plenty of time. (Some reason when he is gone I stay up for hours) So I made a list and have slowly but surly knocking things off of it.

I have had boxes of things from both Chuck and my childhood that I have been saving for my vision. This is on top of the tall cabinets.

This is a closer view. I am a lover of old things especially when they have a story to tell and well almost everything up here is about Chuck and I. My first book I got to pick out all by myself, Chucks erector set you get the point.
There are a few things that use to be Marshals that he has out grown that I used.
This is the opposite side of the room we were going to build a small corner cabinet for the TV and game cube but I got tired of waiting for that so I went and got another cabinet to complete the wall and then had Chuck put up the final base board that needed to be installed and touched up the paint. I now do need to hang one more movie poster above the cabinet and that will be coming soon.

This is of course Kitchen central Kendall's favorite place to be.
That is the new base board

And of course no Play Room is complete with out a castle.

I am not sure why this project set on hold for so long but I love how it turned out. I have just a few more things here and there to do but it is nothing anyone else will notice but me so I am calling this one complete. Now we can only hope the kids can keep it clean. It feels great to get things off the list not that the list will not keep growing but at least it keeps revolving right.

8 comments:

Colle said...

I love it!! I wish I had a play room so you could help me make it look this cool!

Jennie said...

My gosh! That is quite the room. I love it. It is perfect for any play date. I'm sure with your kids and their friends and all of your nieces and nephews you have now solidified your house as the favorite destination. I'm sure lots of fun memories will be made there.

Natalie Murray said...

That looks so cute!!! Glad you have a room that is organized & neat now!! And I love the rock on the castle!!! Who did the work? HEHE! Just kidding...It looks good!

Amy Eagleston said...

I love your playroom. I love your taste and the way you and Chuck are able to work together on projects. So cool!

Clev Clan said...

Your play room is a childs dream. My kids love your playroom!

DJCannon said...

Wow! Mom is right, I need to hire you to come help me decorate!!

I love it!

Melissa said...

There is nothing like a finished project! I am itching for one. I love it. Very cute.

Crystal Nelson said...

Andrea, it looks amazing. What good ideas you have! It turned out completely cute!