For Charly's Birthday Party we went RETRO. I called it hippie and she looked at me and said do you mean Retro I laughed that for the first time I got that look you know the one they give when they think you have no clue what you are talking about. I guess actually growing up in the 70's did not count.
We made as Charly puts it "totally cool invites" Not sure why I did not get a picture of them but every girl was given a 45 record with all the party info printed on the front. I was able to find an antique shop that was selling them for .25 a piece. Because I was not about to use my old records.
Everyone was told to dress up in there best tie dying peace love en out of sight threads.
Several girls asked Charly what threads were.
This picture does not do her bell bottoms justice they were split up the side. The belt took me back my cousin had one just like it. This lovely outfit was only $8.76 at Savers
The decorations were set
And the girls arrived
Shelby, Kennedy, Hailey, Taryn, Hannah, Marjom,
Charly, Sammy, Paigly & Mckenna had to leave early
Our Retro party would not be complete without tie dying
Not everyone wore gloves
For dinner they ate pizza but for dessert they fondued
This was a lot of fun for the girls most of them had never heard of fondue.
The party was "out of sight" (Marshal wants to bring some of these sayings back.) Everyone had a great time. They even all wore their tie dye shirts to school the following Monday. It is fun to watch how Charly is handling growing up. Although there have been some tough times lately she handles it much better than most she is such a kind hearted girl with a heart of gold, I learn a lot from her daily. I love that she is not afraid to dress up and have fun. She has already figured out that you simply sit back and enjoy the ride.
5 comments:
I am so with Marshal we totally need to bring back some of these phrases. Charly looked awesome. I am glad the party turned out so good!!
Great pictures. What a great party.
What a fun party! I LOVE the record idea. So cute! Oh, and thanks for all the tips on YW's. It has been about 4 years since I was in there with the girls. Great advice to only work on 2 at a time. Keep it coming. After all, it takes a village. :) See you tonight at dance.
Darling idea Andrea! I never cease to be amazed by your cleverness! And of course, happy bday sweet Charly! We are all better people knowing ya!
So fun! You always come up with the greatest ideas!
Post a Comment