Monday, December 7, 2009

First week of December

This last week was full of all kinds of fun adventures and lessons learned. Earlier in the week I had the opportunity to help my nieces decorate their house for Christmas which was a lot of fun to see them in that role. While I was there I had an interesting thing happen. My niece pulled out this decoration that use to be my Moms. It was this lenox Christmas tree that a really good friend of hers had given her. I never thought to much about it but the minute Talia pulled it out of the box and showed it to me I could recall the excitement my mom had when she received it. The conversation her and I had about it and how much she loved this friend. I still can't figure out why this memory became so strong to me but it did give me much to contemplate about. It made me wonder if this friend of my Mom's has any idea of how much she meant to my Mom and if I express enough gratitude and love to my family and friends. I am hoping to make this a bigger priority this coming year. I am very grateful for all my family and friends and hope I can strengthen relationships this year and even repair a few.

Saturday I got a call from my nephew Easton asking me if I could take him shopping to get his Mom and Dad's Christmas presents. Soon as he got his room cleaned we headed out. I had so much fun he had so many ideas of what to get them. I found out that he thinks his Mom and Dad are big fans of cheetah print things. (Colle is there a wild side I don't know about he he!) After our first store he had decided that he wants to do this with me every year for the rest of his life. I hope I coached him enough on what to say when his Dad tries to trick him into telling what we got.

Marshal had his final board of review this week he is officially an eagle just need to have the court of honor. At one point in the interview they had Chuck and I join them and it was really neat to here what these men had to say about him. I am a so proud of him he worked hard to get here. He learned a lot of lessons along the way and had a ton of fun. I am excited to see him take the challenge that was given to him to find one boy and make a difference in his life.
Sunday we made gingerbread houses and watched miracle on 34th Street

We made two houses Marshal and Noelle on one and Charly and Kendall on the other.





They had a great time. I enjoy this time of year and all the fun activities you can do as a family.

To end the night we had tithing settlement while we were there the bishop asked if there was anything he could do for our family and with out missing a beat Marshal says Yeah the Christmas lights we hung on our house won't go on could you come fix that. Chuck and I bust up laughing. To be a teenager!!!!




5 comments:

Colle said...

The cheetah love is new to me also. Thanks for taking him. He can't wait until next year to go again. I love the Gingerbread houses. We are going to do that tonight I think.

La said...

Cute house. And Marshal is the coolest teenager on the block.

Melissa said...

I love gingerbread houses! Those turned out so cute. How fun. Marshall cracks me up.

Melissa said...

Thanks for helping us get Christmas up. That is a neat story about the Christmas tree. It will have a new memory for me now. I am so grateful for your help. It really means a lot to all of us. Relationships and memories are really what matters and what we take with us. I am so grateful for both. =0)

Kay and Karen Cleverly said...

Andrea,
Thanks for posting the story about the Christmas tree Mom received from Carolyn Zaugg. I sharen your post with the Zauggs.

Love ya