Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun on the 4th

I was hoping to post about the 4th last week but I forgot to download my photos before Chuck headed off to Scout camp with the camera.

We had a good 4th it was pretty low key we started the weekend with the kids sleeping out in a tent in the back yard. They all thought it was a blast but next time I have been informed Kendall is sleeping in her own tent because she moves to much and kept hitting who was sleeping by her. 

We then headed for breakfast in the park. The food was really good this year and we enjoyed all the booths in the park. Now normally the kids run in a 5k but I forgot to register them and when I remembered the price had doubled and I was not about to pay that. So with out a race to recover from and no Peterson reunion we had lots of time on our hands before our other events. We watched a movie had a short nap (or should I say Chuck had a nap) and then we helped our Dad go finish all his errands for scout camp.

We then finished the night with a picnic in the park and fireworks. Colle, Chad, Easton and Gretchen joined us. I actually like the hanging out for fireworks almost more than the actual fireworks. We played card games, played catch, ate good food and enjoyed each other.

I hope everyone had a great fourth and I am very grateful for all the men and women who have fought for my freedoms. God truly has been good to me.



2 comments:

Colle said...

Thanks for letting us come hang out with you. My favorite part is the hanging out before the fireworks too! Thanks for putting that awesome picture of me in your montage. I love your montages!

Laurel said...

So fun watching all those smiling faces!!