Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am taking control!!


I can not believe how behind I have gotten on this blog (actually I can) I am going to attempt to catch up on some of our summer highlights. I have never been very good at keeping a journal but know the importance of it, this is why I blog my form of journaling to help us remember some of the fun and important times in our family.

Our family is in such a unique stage where my oldest and my youngest are both hitting big milestones in there life. I guess that is why I tried to emerge myself into this summer and enjoy the times we had together and not worry about if my house was perfect, if the laundry was done or even keep up on this blog. Now that everyone is in school I have given myself a little time to catch up our blog.


The last 6 months or so I have been working on getting healthier and trying to lose some weight. In May (I think) I ran a 5k now I know to all my runner friends out there you are thinking ya so well this was huge for me I am not a runner still can not believe that at one time in my life I actually ran 4 miles a day.

This is the cute group that did it with me.
But my biggest supporters were my family. My little kiddos and Chuck (he is taking the photo) made sure they were all there to run with me. After awhile Marshal and Noelle took off ahead my pace being much slower than there's. Charly stayed with me being her cute little self encouraging and telling me how well I am doing and just before I finished Marshal and Noelle who had already finished came back to run in with me.

I am surrounded by the most amazing people. I had a break down about the struggles of my weight with some friends one night and by the next day they had come up with a plan to help me. Needless to say I have completed the insanity videos now go to the gym regularly and although the process is taking longer than I want I am getting there.

I am so grateful to have such a unbelievable support system. You all know who you are. Thanks for being there and most of all thanks for listening and helping me I know my journey is ongoing but I am glad you have given me the drive and fight to endure.

7 comments:

Colle said...

I am glad you are back to blogging, even though I usually know what you have been up to I still love blogs.
Anyway, you rock! Insanity looks completly insane and I think you are amazing!

I love Ya!

Jennie said...

Congratulations. I totally get how hard running is. I'm not a runner either. When we signed up to do our first half marathon, I thought I was insane. You just have to take it one mile at a time. I'm so proud of and happy for you.

ps - yes, you need to keep up on the blog. It may be the only time I get to see and hear what you guys are doing. Lex decided not to return to L's this year for dance. We'll miss seeing and haning out with you and Charly. Is she going to try for Nutcracker this year?

La said...

Yes! I love when you blog. You are my inspiration. Seriously. :)

Amy Eagleston said...

You go girl! Seriously, you inspire me and I know this sounds cheesy but who cares...I'm proud of you! Good work!

Amanda said...

Way to go ANDREA! I am glad you had an amazing summer with your darling kids! We miss ya...silly since we are so dang close!

I can't even tell you how proud of you I truly am for all your goals and accomplishments! If you ever want a running partner...gimmie a call!

Miss ya!

Laurel said...

Andrea - I just love you! Loved you when you were born, loved you when you were a cute tiny girl, really loved you when you tended my kids in Idaho, really really loved you when you helped me out while you were going to Ricks. I simply adore you now with your fun sweet spirit. You go girl -- keep inspiring all of us to continue moving forward. Love you!

Crystal Nelson said...

Andrea, you are inspiring. Good job on running hat 5K. That is such an accomplishment! You go girl!