I have finally completed all my canning. I have decided canning is one of those things in life that when you are done and sit back and see all that you have accomplished you realize all the work was worth it. I try to do my canning so I am not always doing all of it every year, some how my system failed because this year I had a lot to do. Here is my list of what I completed.
65 quarts of Grape Juice
45 half pints of mustard pickle
32 pints of Chili Sauce
20 Quarts of Lasagna Sauce
30 pints of Salsa
8 Quarts Peach Pie Filling
40 half pints peach raspberry jam
30 half pints peach strawberry jam
12 Quarts of Peach Cocktail
Freezer Corn
and Last but not least 20 whole frozen peaches (something new I am trying)
Now on to more exciting news Charly got a call a week and half ago from Ballet West. Although she tried out for party scene and is not quite tall enough for soldier they called to see if she would be willing to be a soldier in D Cast. I ran over to her school at lunch to tell her they called and that they are waiting for her decision, she started jumping up and down and told me to call them right back she has been on cloud nine ever since. She does have a little bit of catch up to do because she has missed several practices but she is willing to do the work.
She will perform the week after Christmas for anyone who would like to go see her. Also I can get tickets next week if anyone is interested let me know.
Charly has also taken up the violin it is so neat to see her take each talent and build on it. She is truly a happy girl who loves to learn knew things. She is also become quite the little baby sitter she loves being with kids and has really enjoyed every opportunity she gets to babysit. I am very proud of her she is turning into quite a beautiful young lady with so much to offer.
Marshal had his last season game on saturday they lost in overtime but he will be going to the playoffs and it looks like he will be playing Brock whose team is undefeated. Finally we will be able to see the two play together, kinda.
I take my camera every game but end up watching the game and forget all about it, so I told the girls that they need to try and take some pictures for me. I seem to get a lot of photos of the team standing around.
Marshal tried out for the school play a couple of weeks ago. I have never seen him so nervous and even a little upset when he did not get the part that they keep having him be called back for. The play will be in the spring but I am very proud of him. I did not know he had any interest in doing something like this and am so proud of him for trying.
Marshal also has completed his Eagle project (big sigh of relief from me) He restored about 25 tables at the bowery near the church. I could not believe how many adults showed up to help and was in ah of all the support his leaders gave. I am also so grateful for the families that helped donate funds to pay for all the supplies. He announced it only once in priesthood and that sunday was able to come up with half the funds which really helped because I was shocked how much it cost to get everything.
This is our Before and After
Marshal, Charly and Noelle are all doing very well with piano, they have each been learning to play the hymns and although some of them are learning easier levels it is amazing to me how playing songs they know has made such a huge difference.
Some weeks seem to go by much faster than others I am hoping I can stay on top of things better this week. I am hoping to start some Halloween costumes this week keep up on laundry and finish a few craft projects. I say this hoping this will keep me on track.
6 comments:
Congrats Charly!!! That is so cool.
I love reading your posts. Your kids are amazing!
We too are so happy for C! We just wish she was in A cast with A. See you this week!
Whoa that was a long post. Your canning looks awesome. I am glad I have been able to do a few items with you this year.
I am excited for Charly and I want tickets.
I think it is awesome marshal is in the play.
I will will remind you of your list and hopefully you can get started on those costumes!
Yeah for Charly! That is so exciting!!
Andrea, send me your e-mail address and I will send you the recipe for the donuts, they were delicious!! My e-mail is kaylynpeterson@gmail.com
I need to learn how to do more canning!!! I can't believe how stocked your storage is! Awesome! I had no idea that Marshal was doing an eagle project! Tell him the tables look awesome!
Post a Comment