Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

Kendall was so excited she had to jump in Marshals photo.

Back to School I can't believe it is already here. All day I have noticed how many Mom's have been posting how glad they are to have the kids back in school I must be in the minority because Back to school means crazy schedules, homework, and they are gone all day. I enjoy having them around.

Can you believe how grown up he is.
Marshal had a great Day and he loves the block system. He is super excited to have seminary and not to excited about Spanish but I think he will do well.
Charly said she had a fabulous day. Mom's worried that she had more homework than her older brother.
Yes I did take her picture at school and no she was not embarrassed we leave that role for Noelle.
After taking Kendall to Kindergarten I was able to stop and see Charly at lunch with her friends they were giggling and having the time of there life. It made me smile to watch how grown up she is and how much she enjoys life.
Noelle had a great first day. Which makes me let out a big sigh this poor girl has had her trials with school and I am always glad when things work out. She was up early this morning dressed with bed made and room cleaned all before 6:00 am I think she was a little excited.

Kendall oh man my baby is off to kindergarten. I know I should be sad but I am so excited for her new adventures. She was her classic self today.
conversation 1 that made me laugh
Noelle- Kendall how was your first day of Kindergarten
Kendall- Well when I was out side on the play ground while my teacher was talking to the parents this girl came up to me while I was on the spinning thing and said (imagine hand on hip) "get out of that now I want to play on it."
Noelle- what did you say?
Kendall- I ignored her
Noelle- Why?
Kendall- She should not talk to me in that tone. And she could of used the word please.
Noelle- well you need to take turns.
Kendall- not with rude girls.
conversation #2
Charly- How was your first day?
Kendall- GREAT
Charly- Do you have lots of friends in your class?
Kendall- Well there are more boys in my class than girls.
Charly- Any girls you became friends with?
Kendall- We did not have time to really get to know anyone today but I was looking around the room and I have decided the boys are going to be way better to play with.
Charly- Why?
Kendall- The girls kept talking and being so annoying when my teacher was talking to everyone. So unless they start raising there hands I am only being friends with the boys.

Oh man this girl is going to give her teacher and most likely her class a run for their money.

I am looking forward to this years new adventures but I really wish I could of had a couple more weeks with them. They are really good kids and I can not wait to see how much they grow and progress.

6 comments:

Colle said...

I love these first day of school pictures!! So Kendall is so going to give her teacher a run for her money but hey someone has to. I was glad that Noelle had and Awesome day at school. Charly you look so cute in your glasses I am glad you don't have to squint anymore. Marshal I hated spanish also so good luck with that!!!

Kay and Karen Cleverly said...

How long has Charly been wearing glasses?

Marshal, Really dig in and learn Spanish. Peru is to the point that Brazil was at about 10 years ago. We need all of the good missionaries like you will be that we can get here. Peru baptizes over 20,000 people each year.

La said...

Great back to school pics. We had our first day yesterday and I cried all day. I LOVED having the kids home. I hate getting back on the schedule. I just turned my blog private but I don't have your email. Will you email me? laraherway@gmail.com

tamrandfamily said...

LOL you gotta love kendall! Charly looks great in her glasses! Looks like you all had a great first day!

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh. Kendall cracks me up. What a character. She has her head on straight though. It is probably a good idea to stay away from the rude girls. :) Oh, and I loved C's outfit! So Cute!

Melissa said...

You have the best kids! Love the stories, thanks for sharing. Makes me wish we lived closer to one another! :(