I don't think I ever posted about the girls trying out for Nutcracker this past year. Both girls had a fantastic experience. You try out according to your height so Charly was trying out for Soldier and ended up getting the lead role as the trumpeter, she was so excited and has worked hard at her dance so it was fun to finally see her get the fruits of her labor. Having a lead role did mean we were understudies for another cast and more driving for Mom but hey this won't last forever right.

Noelle tried out for bafoon but ended up being cast as the party princess. That day will be burned in my memory forever. The whole process is quite intense and very nerve racking for the Mom's. I am defiantly not one of those stage Mom's so to watch them in action also gets to you while you are sitting there waiting for the girls to come out. A quick explanation girls go in and you wait for hours then doors open and you are told that the next girls to come out have not make the cast this happens several times before they open the doors and introduce the cast. Well through the process I knew Noelle had made it because all the cuts had taken place but they were not releasing the girls like normal then the door opened and four girls are released Noelle being one of them she comes running to me leaps up on me with her arms so tight around my neck and whispers I made party princess. She was so giddy but was trying real hard to be respectful of the girls around us incase any that had not made it were still there. For anyone out there who might not understand her excitement they only take four girls one per cast for this part, she was beyond happy.

They were in cast A this year which means they perform in ogden and at the capitol theater.
opening night
We love all the great support we received!
Grandpa, Karen, Aunt Colle, Aunt Fran, & Robyn
and of course Marshal and Kendall
Aunt Fran gave them both a Nutcracker
Opening night in Salt Lake at the Capitol Theater
Grandma & Grandpa McAllister
I know I am bias but they did an amazing job this year and I am so proud of both of them and the accomplishments they both made. I love the life lessons they are learning throughout the whole process and know it is helping them to become better people. They have made some incredible friends along the way. And have had the opportunity to be taught by some of the best. This last season at one of their performances the NY times had a critic there and they were ranked in the top ten of Nutcracker performances in the US. Yes I am a proud Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment