Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grandma Linford

Last night our sweet Grandma Linford passed away
We are so grateful for her loving example she shared with each one of us.
She was a fun loving spunky lady.

She had a special spot for Marshal and always let him
come over and play with the train at Christmas time. From the time he was little they would wait till all the other kids were gone and then she would get down on the floor and run the electric train with him. I am positive she did these kind of things with all of them.
I have always felt loved by her from the minute I married in to Chucks family
I knew from the beginning I was now one of her granddaughters

She was the definition of a Lady she always talked with my girls about being lady like and how to do it. She always made them feel special.

Chuck was blessed to live next door to his Grandma and Grandpa growing up and has so many memories of the two of them. I have always enjoyed watching Chuck with her. Even these past few years she would call him and ask for Charles to come help her with things. He was always so willing to help her.

I am not sure why in life that it takes a death to make you reflect and to try to be a little better, be kinder and appreciate life more. Hopefully we will remember the lessons she taught us and we can grow from knowing her.

We will miss you Grandma!




5 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry for your loss McAllisters. You all know too well how rough it is to lose someone you love. Our prayers are with you and with your Grandma. May our Heavenly Father comfort you with his love and knowledge that she is home again with Him. Love you all!

Ryan said...

I'm so sorry. That is hard. There simply isn't anything easy about losing someone we love - even if it is but for a "moment". I wish you the best this week with all of the funeral plans.

Clev Clan said...

We are sad for you guys. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Love to you all!

Melissa said...

I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like she is a neat lady, Grandma and friend. Take care. =0)

Melissa said...

what a beautiful tribute. Have not been on any blog in a long time. Love your house at Christmas. Amazing - just like you!!!