Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dang cute Jewelry hanger

I have a list of projects forever long. When the kids got back in school I decided that I was going to try and tackle some of them before the year was over. I am hoping to accomplish at least one a week. I have been wanting to make something for Charly's jewelry to hang on that would look cool and have style to last through the teen years. This is what I came up with.

This is a peek at the before I found old frames. I wanted something that was a little over the top and ornate I did not care what color they were because I knew I was going to paint them.
I am a big fan of spray paint.
I then painted them a hot pink and rubbed some silver leaf on it to give it a little pop.
I then backed them with a little batting and some twall fabric and attached crystal drawer pulls.
Thanks Chuck for helping with the drawer pulls. He loves being pulled into my projects. (NOT)

And this is our final result.
Plenty of room for all her necklace's and bracelets.
Sad thing is I thought this might be to many hooks for her and I was wrong her drawer still has plenty of bangles and such on it.

I love it when my vision of something actually turns out as cute as I had hoped.



9 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

That is super cute! I love it!

Colle said...

It turned out so dang cute! I love it! I love the Hot pink.

La said...

Can I copy you? Please.
We should have a football party for the next game.

Jennie said...

What a great idea. I love this. If Lexie's room wasn't already chuck full of stuff, I would have to be a copy cat. :) See you tonight. I can take the girls down for measurements if you want me to. I have 2 extra seats.

tamrandfamily said...

I LOVE IT! They turned out great! Very stylish!!

allreddesign said...

Those are super cute...love the toile fabric you choose too!! I'm thinking that black versions of these would look super cute in Emma's room!

allreddesign said...

Oh can you come up with a cute idea for earrings...we have tons of those!

Melissa said...

Very cute! I love the color of pink you used.

Melissa said...

Very cute! I love the color of pink you used.