Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chicago

Last week I was fortunate enough to go on a girls weekend with some of my friends. (Thanks Chuck for making sure this happened.) We were headed to Chicago to see a show, hang out and do lots of shopping. When we arrived in Chicago we were greeted by two limos. I was a little excitied about this because I had never been in one.
Are first day we did all kinds of sight seeing. We did a river tour of the city, spent time at the top of the Hancock building, shopping at the American girl doll store, dinner at Morton's steak house. My steak was fabulous by the way. Then we were off to see a Broadway play of Mary Poppins. It was pretty good loved the chimney sweep tap scene it was incredible like most plays they add there own little spin to things and the toy scene was weird but other than that loved it.
This is all of us we were able to do a session at the Chicago temple. From left to right Jill, Mandi, Lorianne, Robi, Amy, Megan, Me, Wendy, Jen, Allison and Marietta.

This was just one days worth of shopping. We definitely helped the economy in Chicago. 

We had so much fun I have not laughed that much in a long time. I defiantly did not get enough sleep and am positive that is why I came down with a cold this week. In the end all worth it. There is a lot to be said for time to rejuvenate and enjoy the people you are with. I am so glad that I have a husband that not only encourages time with my friends but who also understands how needed it is for me.  

Girls thanks for such a great weekend!

6 comments:

Colle said...

It looks like you guys had a very enjoyable time. I am glad you have such awesome friends!!!

Jennie said...

Okay... Chicago totally beats my Park City weekend. I'm glad you had a fun time.

Amy Eagleston said...

so cool!!!

Kaylyn said...

What a fun trip! I absolutely love Chicago and really want to go back! It looks like I need to call you about where to shop next time I am there!

La said...

ooooohh..... I want to see your loot. I am sad that we didn't make it to the Easter Egg Hunt. We really need to hook up with you and Colle.

Natalie Murray said...

Glad you guys had so much fun...aside from the shopping I wish I would have gone!! But maybe next time!