

I know Presidents day is not a big deal to most. Just another day kids don't go to school and all the banks are closed but I love to go out side and see all the flags in our neighborhood. It is a nice reminder for everything we have and are aloud to do. Makes me very grateful for the country I live in. And for the men and women who serve to protect the freedoms we have. I am also grateful for the scouts for providing this service to the neighborhood it not only helps them but I think it brings a sense of unity to the neighborhood and it looks totally cool when you drive down the street.
I know it is silly but we made a cherry pie today to celebrate. You know George Washington and the cherry tree and all. With stars and stripes on it. It was the first pie Charly helped make.
4 comments:
When we moved into our house I was all excited thinking yes maybe we can get a flag in our yard. Our ward doesn't do it. I was bummed. I love the way it looks when all the neighborhood has a flag. I love the pie!! Looks all professional.
I can just taste a piece of that pie with some vanilla ice cream on it. Wish we had that down here. We can get apple pie but that is about it. Your mother was real good in making cherry pie for me even though others would have pumpkin for example.
If Charly helped what a good looking pie.
Girl, you are my inspiration.
I love the flags too and am glad they are there to remind us of this country we live in!
Post a Comment